Finding right direction is the key to successful vastu. After finding correct degree of reference wall of the building, it becomes easy to find vastu dosha and their rectification is easy. By merely observing sunrise and sunset, one cannot find accurate directions. For this, Compass a well-known magnetic tool in vastu, is helpful in finding the accurate degrees and all directions. In compass a magnetic needle (pointed by red, black, green or letter N) is used to find out north direction which is based on earth’s magnetic field and named as 0 degree or 360 degree. In same manner east is of 90, west is 270 and south is 180 degree. Compass processing is based on earth’s magnetic field.
But how to use a compass in right manner, is very much important. Using and reading compass is a skill which develops with time. It’s an art in which one should be precise else all efforts will be in waste. It should be used with accuracy to get precise degree of direction concerned without any major variation because further report making and analysis is completely depends on it.
Precautions while using compass:
- Do not wear any heavy metallic ornament or any article like belts, bracelets etc. as these can adversely affect the readings.
- Avoid a place to take degree having heavy iron objects or any electromagnetic radiations nearby.
- Do not stand below an iron loaded beam or pillar while using compass.
- Put compass on your palm straight. Keep your hand horizontal and as stable as possible with least movement.
- Take at least two or three readings to avoid the variations and to get correct degree.